Are You Curious About Testosterone Therapy?
The subject of testosterone therapy in Broward has caught my attention lately. I had begun to study about it when about three or four months ago my wife brought me a bottle of testosterone capsules for a 90-day trial. She wanted to see if it would help me in my battle with afternoon fatigue and general lethargy.
What is the underlying cause of impotence, depression, fatigue, excess body fat and osteoporosis in an estimated four million American men in Broward ? Low Testosterone.
Natural supplements can be an alternative to creams, gels and patches. Dietary changes are slower but have less side effects.
For men, testosterone and DHEA ( a precursor hormone for testosterone) diminish after the age of 40. Actually the peak age is 17 and then production slowly falls off for the rest of your life. It does not become noticeable until around 40 plus.
Hormone Imbalance in Women
Are You Curious About Testosterone Therapy?
The subject of testosterone therapy has caught my attention lately. I had begun to study about it when about three or four months ago my wife brought me a bottle of testosterone capsules for a 90-day trial. She wanted to see if it would help me in my battle with afternoon fatigue and general lethargy.
I thought why not, it can't hurt. I wasn't desperate or anything, I was mostly curious about "Low-T" and wanted to experience for myself all these health claims that are flying around the media lately. For example, these TV commercials about the cure for erectile dysfunction were getting on my nerves. I am particularly dismayed by the couple in two separate bathtubs. What's up with that? (Sorry no pun intended).
Then a few days ago I got a call from a telemarketer, asking how my testosterone trial was going. I told him it was working great for keeping elephants out of my flower beds. As long as I was taking the capsules, no elephants had trampled my flowers. He was not impressed by my humor, and just wanted to get me to order more. Nope, I told him. I really couldn't tell any difference on or off the capsules. When he told me I needed more time for my body to adjust to the product, I ended the conversation. I know more about Low T after my extensive research than he seemed to know
On the other hand, someone is buying this stuff. In an article by Rachael Rettner, (published on line on MyHealthNewsDaily June 3, 2013, Copyright © 2013 TechMediaNetwork.com). Ms. Rettner says, "The percentage of middle-aged men in the United States taking testosterone to treat symptoms of low testosterone, or "low T," has increased substantially in recent years, a new study suggests."
For the last ten years, prescriptions for testosterone supplements among men over age 40 has been gradually increasing until today more than 3% of men in that age bracket have received some form of testosterone therapy. That is almost three times more than in 2001.
But does the stuff work? The answer is that study results have been less than supportive that it does. In fact, I found many so-called scientific studies that made all sorts of weird claims, but none were truly conclusive. It is like my-elephant-in-the-flowerbed comment. The obvious sarcasm is that if I did nothing, the elephants wouldn't bother me because I don't have any elephants wandering around my suburb. Scientific research cannot prove a hypothesis by the absence of symptoms.
Ms Rettner presented her most shocking comment when she quoted an editorial by Dr. Lisa Schwartz and Dr. Steven Woloshin, of the Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy & Clinical Practice: "the low T campaign [is] "a mass, uncontrolled experiment that invites men to expose themselves to the harms of a treatment unlikely to fix problems that may be wholly unrelated to testosterone levels."
"Before anyone makes millions of men aware of low T, they should be required to do a large-scale randomized trial to demonstrate that testosterone therapy for healthy aging men does more good than harm," they wrote.
By Dr. Luke Aaronson, PhD
Medifast Recipes - Ways to Shake Up Your Medifast Shakes
- Broward Weight Loss Center
- Coconut Creek Wellness Center
- Cooper City Health And Wellness Center
- Coral Springs Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
- Dania Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
- Davie Hrt Therapy
- Deerfield Beach Health And Wellness Center
- Fort Lauderdale Weight Loss Center
- Hallandale The Wellness Center
- Hillsboro Beach Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Hollywood Weight Loss Doctors
- Lauderdale By The Sea Center For Integrative Medicine
- Lauderdale Lakes Wellness Clinic
- Lauderhill Wellness Clinic
- Lazy Lake Village Hormone Pellet Therapy
- Lighthouse Point Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
- Margate Medical Weight Loss Clinic
- Miramar Hormone Therapy
- North Lauderdale Wellness Clinic
- Oakland Park Wellness Center
- Parkland Medical Weight Loss Center
- Pembroke Park Hormone Doctor
- Pembroke Pines Medical Weight Loss Center
- Plantation Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Pompano Beach Wellness Clinic
- Sea Ranch Lakes The Wellness Center
- Southwest Ranches Testosterone Replacement Therapy
- Sunrise Ed Doctor
- Tamarac Weight Loss Doctors
- Weston Weight Loss Clinic
- Wilton Manors Weight Loss Clinic
- South Florida Weight Loss Doctor