Are You Curious About Testosterone Therapy?
The subject of testosterone therapy in Broward has caught my attention lately. I had begun to study about it when about three or four months ago my wife brought me a bottle of testosterone capsules for a 90-day trial. She wanted to see if it would help me in my battle with afternoon fatigue and general lethargy.
What is the underlying cause of impotence, depression, fatigue, excess body fat and osteoporosis in an estimated four million American men in Broward ? Low Testosterone.
Natural supplements can be an alternative to creams, gels and patches. Dietary changes are slower but have less side effects.
For men, testosterone and DHEA ( a precursor hormone for testosterone) diminish after the age of 40. Actually the peak age is 17 and then production slowly falls off for the rest of your life. It does not become noticeable until around 40 plus.
Treatment for Menopause
Theoretically, menopause is not a disease. Therefore, there is no cure. Many women opt to forgo any treatment at all, and simply tolerate many of the symptoms associated with this normal transition. However, for those women whose symptoms are so severe as to interfere with their quality of life, there are many options at their disposal.
Remedies may be implemented by the woman herself for the conditions associated with menopause. For example,
Hot flashes: Several nonprescription treatments are available, and lifestyle choices can help.
- Many women feel that regular aerobic exercise can help reduce hot flashes
- Foods that may trigger hot flashes, such as spicy foods, caffeine, and alcohol, should be avoided.
Weight gain: Regular exercise is helpful in controlling weight.
Osteoporosis: Adequate calcium intake and weight-bearing exercise are important. Strength training (lifting weights or using exercise bands in resistance training) can strengthen bones.
Certain medications are beneficial in reducing many of the signs and symptoms of menopause.
Hormone Replacement Therapy
- estrogen or a combination of estrogen and progestin
- treats hot flashes
- reduce fracture risk by building bone mass
- improve cholesterol levels
- decrease vaginal dryness
- estrogen and progestin combination associated with increased risk of heart attack, stroke, and breast cancer
- estrogen alone associated with increased risk of endometrial cancer
- increased risk of gallstones and blood clots
- normally used for depression and anxiety
- effective in reducing hot flashes
- used to lower blood pressure
- effective in reducing hot flashes
- primarily used for treating seizures
- used to treat hot flashes
- short-term relief of hot flashes
- not recommended as first-line drug
- sometimes effective in treating hot flashes
- may cause weight gain and bone loss
- Aldenodrate (Fosamax)
- Raloxifene (Evista)
- Calcitonin (Calcimar or Miacalcin)
- herbal supplement
- German studies recommend limiting its use to six months or less
- not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration
- side effects include nausea, vomiting, dizziness, visual problems, slow heart beat, and excessive sweating
- soy is an example
- safety of soy in women with breast cancer not established
- dong quai
- red clover
- yam cream
- Chinese medicinal herbs
- evening primrose oil
Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy - Secrets to Stopping Menopause Symptoms
- Broward Weight Loss Center
- Coconut Creek Wellness Center
- Cooper City Health And Wellness Center
- Coral Springs Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
- Dania Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
- Davie Hrt Therapy
- Deerfield Beach Health And Wellness Center
- Fort Lauderdale Weight Loss Center
- Hallandale The Wellness Center
- Hillsboro Beach Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Hollywood Weight Loss Doctors
- Lauderdale By The Sea Center For Integrative Medicine
- Lauderdale Lakes Wellness Clinic
- Lauderhill Wellness Clinic
- Lazy Lake Village Hormone Pellet Therapy
- Lighthouse Point Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
- Margate Medical Weight Loss Clinic
- Miramar Hormone Therapy
- North Lauderdale Wellness Clinic
- Oakland Park Wellness Center
- Parkland Medical Weight Loss Center
- Pembroke Park Hormone Doctor
- Pembroke Pines Medical Weight Loss Center
- Plantation Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Pompano Beach Wellness Clinic
- Sea Ranch Lakes The Wellness Center
- Southwest Ranches Testosterone Replacement Therapy
- Sunrise Ed Doctor
- Tamarac Weight Loss Doctors
- Weston Weight Loss Clinic
- Wilton Manors Weight Loss Clinic
- South Florida Weight Loss Doctor