Are You Curious About Testosterone Therapy?
The subject of testosterone therapy in Palm Beach has caught my attention lately. I had begun to study about it when about three or four months ago my wife brought me a bottle of testosterone capsules for a 90-day trial. She wanted to see if it would help me in my battle with afternoon fatigue and general lethargy.
What is the underlying cause of impotence, depression, fatigue, excess body fat and osteoporosis in an estimated four million American men in Palm Beach ? Low Testosterone.
Natural supplements can be an alternative to creams, gels and patches. Dietary changes are slower but have less side effects.
For men, testosterone and DHEA ( a precursor hormone for testosterone) diminish after the age of 40. Actually the peak age is 17 and then production slowly falls off for the rest of your life. It does not become noticeable until around 40 plus.
How Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy Is Used To Treat Menopause
Testosterone is a male hormone, besides promoting libido it has other important functions such as maintaining muscle mass and form bone, regulating heart muscle and cholesterol. It also helps to improve the oxygen levels throughout the body as well as controlling blood glucose and strengthening the immune system. In this article, we will discuss symptoms of low levels of testosterone.
1. Decreased sexual function
As we mentioned in the last article, starting at age 40 levels of testosterone start to diminish, the levels of the by-product prolactin of testosterone of men increases, stimulating the production of the enzyme 5-alpha reductase that causes the conversion of testosterone to gihydro-testosterones DHT thus triggering low levels of testosterone resulting in sexual dysfunction.
2. Loss of bone density
The brain and bone are the important tissues that have the primary effect of testosterone is by way of aromatization to 17² estradiol. In the bones. 17²-estradiol accelerates maturation of cartilage into bone, leading to closure of the epiphyses (a rounded end of a long bone) and conclusion of growth.
3. Loss of muscle mass
As men start aging or damage of pituitary gland or extra estrogen build up in the body causing low levels of testosterone being produced resulting in loss of muscle mass. Testosterone effects can be classified as anabolic effects that include growth of muscle mass and strength, increased bone density and strength, and stimulation of height growth and bone maturation. Testosterone effects can also be classified by the age of usual occurrence.
4. Memory loss
Low levels of testosterone allows beta-amyloid, a toxic peptide to accumulate in certain regions of the brain causing memory loss.
5. Abdominal fat
Fat cells create aromatase enzymes that contribute to fat build up and low levels of testosterone that allows the forming of abdominal fat that produce more aromatase enzyme resulting in more formation of estrogen. It also causes insulin resistance by increasing fat around the stomach/waist area and fat mass.
There are more symptoms of low levels of testosterone such as timidity, feeling of weakness, passive attitude,etc.
I hope this information will help. If you need more information of the above subject, please visit my home page.
Perimenopause Treatment - Beware of HRT
- Palm Beach Hormone Therapy
- Atlantis Hrt Therapy
- Belle Glade Physicians Weight Loss Center
- Boca Raton Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Boynton Beach Wellness Center
- Briny Breezes Medical Weight Loss Center
- Cloud Lake Weight Loss Doctor
- Delray Beach Hormone Therapy
- Glen Ridge Medical Weight Loss
- Greenacres Diet Doctor
- Gulf Stream Wellness Clinic
- Haverhill Hormone Replacement Therapy For Men
- Hypoluxo Hormone Replacement Therapy For Women
- Juno Beach Weight Loss Doctor
- Jupiter Wellness Center
- Lake Clarke Shores The Wellness Center
- Lake Park Weight Loss Center
- Lake Worth Medical Weight Loss
- Lantana Physicians Weight Loss Center
- Loxahatchee Weight Loss Center
- Magnolia Park Testosterone Replacement Therapy
- Palm Beach Gardens Hormone Replacement Therapy For Men
- Palm Beach Shores The Wellness Center
- Palm Springs Wellness Center
- Riviera Beach Medical Weight Loss
- Royal Palm Beach Hormone Doctor
- South Bay Center For Holistic Medicine
- South Palm Beach Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
- Tequesta Center For Holistic Medicine
- Wellington Ed Doctor
- Westlake Physicians Weight Loss Center
- West Palm Beach Medical Weight Loss Clinic
- West Palm Medical Weight Loss
- Boca Hormone Therapy
- PBG Wellness Clinic
- South Florida Hrt Therapy
- Treasure Coast Hormone Therapy