Aging is difficult enough for women without having to deal with declining hormones. Women of Palm Beach often complain of a diminished sense of wellbeing, chronic fatigue, and a loss of libido just to mention a few symptoms of hormone imbalance.
For many women there is a tremendous void in treatment of menopausal symptoms. Hot flashes, mood swings and low or no sex drive are just the tip of the iceberg. Some earlier hormone imbalance symptoms of estrogen deficiency are frequent waking at night. Many others are present, including “mental fogginess.” A woman’s short-term memory retention may be dwindling and her concentration and focus isn’t as good as it used to be. Frequently, women may experience some loss of energy to the point that they actually slide into symptoms of chronic fatigue.
In addition, women may experience some mood swings and irritability, and at the extreme may actually develop feelings of depression. With the loss of energy and chronic fatigue, females find themselves unable to exercise as much as in the past, or to recover as quickly when exercising. Women often find themselves increasing weight gain in spite of attempts at exercising. One hormone imbalance symptom that is not frequently discussed is the loss of sex drive and diminished libido. Not only is energy level and sense of wellbeing diminished, but anticipation and enjoyment of sexual activity is waning as well.
How to Lose Weight by Eating Fruit
Testosterone is a male hormone, besides promoting libido it has other important functions such as maintaining muscle mass and form bone, regulating heart muscle and cholesterol. It also helps to improve the oxygen levels throughout the body as well as controlling blood glucose and strengthening the immune system. In this article, we will discuss symptoms of low levels of testosterone.
1. Decreased sexual function
As we mentioned in the last article, starting at age 40 levels of testosterone start to diminish, the levels of the by-product prolactin of testosterone of men increases, stimulating the production of the enzyme 5-alpha reductase that causes the conversion of testosterone to gihydro-testosterones DHT thus triggering low levels of testosterone resulting in sexual dysfunction.
2. Loss of bone density
The brain and bone are the important tissues that have the primary effect of testosterone is by way of aromatization to 17² estradiol. In the bones. 17²-estradiol accelerates maturation of cartilage into bone, leading to closure of the epiphyses (a rounded end of a long bone) and conclusion of growth.
3. Loss of muscle mass
As men start aging or damage of pituitary gland or extra estrogen build up in the body causing low levels of testosterone being produced resulting in loss of muscle mass. Testosterone effects can be classified as anabolic effects that include growth of muscle mass and strength, increased bone density and strength, and stimulation of height growth and bone maturation. Testosterone effects can also be classified by the age of usual occurrence.
4. Memory loss
Low levels of testosterone allows beta-amyloid, a toxic peptide to accumulate in certain regions of the brain causing memory loss.
5. Abdominal fat
Fat cells create aromatase enzymes that contribute to fat build up and low levels of testosterone that allows the forming of abdominal fat that produce more aromatase enzyme resulting in more formation of estrogen. It also causes insulin resistance by increasing fat around the stomach/waist area and fat mass.
There are more symptoms of low levels of testosterone such as timidity, feeling of weakness, passive attitude,etc.
I hope this information will help. If you need more information of the above subject, please visit my home page.
Menopause Treatment Options
Breast Cancer is the cancer that develops in the breast tissues mostly in the inner lining of milk ducts or in the lobules which supply milk to the ducts. Depending on the place of origination, they are known as ductal carcinoma, if originated in the milk ducts or lobular carcinoma when originated in the lobules. Breast cancers are also classified as hormone-positive or a hormone-negative cancer which is decided based on their sensitivity to hormones like progesterone and estrogen.
The options available for breast cancer treatment depend on the type of breast cancer and the staging results. Staging is the process in which the disease spread and its progressive extend is determined. Though it is the most common non-skin type of cancer in women and is considered one of the fatal types of cancer, there are many advanced breast cancer treatment options which can help cure this disease if detected early.
Breast Cancer Treatment Plan
Once the cancer has been diagnosed, the doctors evaluate the pathology report and form a plan that would suit the type of cancer and the stage to which the disease has progressed. Treatment modes aim at reducing the spread of the disease, destruction of the diseased cells and reduction of chances for re-occurrence in future. The doctors would choose a single or a set of treatment options based on the patient's medical conditions which they may evaluate periodically.
Types of Breast cancer treatment methods
The treatments available are in general classified as standard methods and clinical trial methods. Standard methods are those that are currently practised for the cure of breast cancer while clinical trials are those that are currently being tested for more efficient results. The standard methods of breast cancer treatment include surgery, hormone therapy, chemotherapy, radiation treatments and targeted therapy.
Surgical method of Breast Cancer Treatment
Surgery is one potential option for removing the cancerous cells from the body. The entire breast or a partial portion of the breast is removed depending on the level of spread and the stage to which the disease has progressed. Based on the level of operation that is required to remove the cancerous cells, the surgeries are differentiated into three types as below.
* Breast-conserving Surgery - This is an operation where only the portion of the breast that contains the cancer is removed and not the breast itself. If the surgery requires removal of just the tumor in the breast and a little amount of tissue, it is known as Lumpectomy or is known as Partial mastectomy if it includes removal of partial amount of the breast along with a considerable amount of normal tissues. These kinds of surgeries may also include removal of lymph nodes under the arm which are used for the purpose of biopsy. Such dissection done either along with the surgery or after it is known as lymph node dissection.
* Total Mastectomy - This kind of surgery targets on removing the whole breast which is infected with the cancerous cells. This also requires removal of lymph nodes for the purpose of biopsy.
* Modified radical Mastectomy - This is the surgery that removes extensive portions to get rid of the cancerous cells. The complete breast affected by cancer along with certain lymph nodes under the arm and the chest muscle lining is removed by this process of surgery. In certain cases, even part of the chest wall muscles that are affected are removed by this surgery.
* Radical Mastectomy - This surgery removes the complete breast, chest wall muscles and all the lymph nodes under the arm. This kind of surgery for breast cancer treatment is also known as Halsted radical mastectomy.
These surgeries can also be followed by other modes of breast cancer treatment methods like chemotherapy, hormone therapy or radiation therapy to kill any presence of cancer cells. Such kinds of treatment that helps in prevention of cancer re-occurrence is known as adjuvant therapy. Some patients can also consider the option of breast implants to rebuild the removed breast shape after a mastectomy.
This kind of treatment helps in killing the cancerous cells or prevents them from growing by means of internal administration of drugs. The way of drug administration can be either through the blood stream that spreads throughout the body which is known as systematic chemotherapy or is placed directly in the cerebrospinal fluid or any specific organ which is known as regional chemotherapy.
This kind of breast cancer treatment includes the introduction of substances that negate the effect of hormones which induce cancerous growth. Estrogen has been known to induce the growth of breast cancer in certain cases. One of the treatment methods includes prevention of ovaries from secreting the hormone estrogen and such a method is known as ovarian ablation. The hormonal therapy includes the usage of aromatase inhibitor which decreases the estrogen secretion in the body. Aromatase inhibitors are given for hormone-dependent breast cancer patients who are in postmenopausal stage while tamoxifen is used in cases of metastatic breast cancer. Aromatase inhibitors are also in general used as a means of adjuvant therapy after continued use of tamoxifen for two years or more.
High energy x-rays are in general used as an alternative for drugs to kill the cancer cells and prevent them from growing.
Another type of treatment that helps in destroying the cancer cells without any harm to the normal cells is called targeted therapy. The targeted therapies used in breast cancer treatment are in general of two types, Monoclonal antibodies and Tyrosine kinase inhibitors.
* Monoclonal Antibodies - These kinds of substances are antibodies that are made from a single type of immune system cell which has the potential to identify and destroy cancer cells. They are also sometimes used to carry toxins or drugs to the cancer cells to bring in effective destruction of the cells. Trastuzumab is a monoclonal antibody that is used in treating patients of breast cancer. This method can be clubbed along with chemotherapy as a means of adjuvant therapy.
* Tyrosine Kinase inhibitors - These drugs block signals that are needed for tumor growth and are in general used in combination with other anti-cancer drugs. Lapatjnib is one such inhibitor which helps block the HER2 protein inside the tumor cells and is used effectively for treatment of HER2- positive breast cancer patients.
Does Testosterone Replacement Therapy Help Improve Sperm Production?
Women have different weight loss needs than men. Many times, men seem to lose weight at the drop of a hat, while women seem to starve themselves for weeks, only to find that they have only lost a pound. Is there a way to even the playing field in the weight loss game? Sure there is! By following weight loss advice designed for women, women can lose just as much weight as men can in the same amount of time.
One reason men seem to lose weight faster than women is because of a nasty little visitor that women have that drops by once a month. While your period doesn't actually cause lasting weight gain, it does cause you to temporarily gain water weight. Water weight can stick on you for two weeks at a time, causing you to feel like your weight loss efforts are not doing any good at all. This may cause you to give up on them altogether. Your period can also make you feel pretty bad. With irritability, cramps, headaches and bloating, you may have moments of weakness and grab that brownie that has been calling your name. Then you might feel worse, and eat the whole pan of brownies.
Men, obviously don't have these problems, the lucky punks. To combat these issues, there are some tricks you can try. To fight the bloating, resist the urge to chug soft drinks and chomp down the potato chips. The extra sugar, carbonation and other nasty ingredients in soda can make you feel bloated and tired. Chips have a lot of sodium and grease, which can add to the bloat. To help with the cramps and headaches, talk to your doctor about a gentle pain reliever that will work for you. Also, drinking warm tea will help you feel better. When it comes to cravings, remember chocolate is not your enemy. Sounds crazy, I know, but it isn't all the fat and sugar that comes with some chocolate that you are craving it is the chocolate itself. Find a chocolate bar that has the highest concentration of cocoa. You will need less of this chocolate bar to satisfy your cravings. Using these tips will help you relax, feel better, and not give up or de-rail your weight loss efforts.
One advantage that women have over men in the weight loss battle is soy. Soy is not good for men in large amounts because of the phyto-estrogens it contains. These phyto-estrogens don't have ill effects on women, so women can enjoy more soy, and it can actually be a healthy addition to their diets. There are many yummy products that include soy, and soy can be a great low-fat way to get in your protein. So is a part of many products these days, so you can choose from a variety of tasty products.
When it comes to weight loss, women often think that men have the upper hand. Once you understand the reason why women have a harder time losing weight, you can prevent these issues and take advantage of the benefits that soy has to offer. Women can improve their weight loss odds by following these tricks designed especially for women.
Business Results 1 - 10 of 513
Business Results 1 - 10 of 20
https://www.bing.com/search?q=Palm Beach Florida Medical Weight Loss Clinic&format=rss
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in Palm Beach
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in Atlantis
- Weight Loss Doctors in Belle Glade
- Doctors Weight Loss in Boca Raton
- Hormone Therapy in Boynton Beach
- Hormone Replacement Therapy For Women in Briny Breezes
- Medical Weight Loss Clinic in Cloud Lake
- Hormone Replacement Therapy in Delray Beach
- Center For Integrative Medicine in Glen Ridge
- Weight Loss Doctors in Greenacres
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in Gulf Stream
- Hormone Replacement Therapy in Haverhill
- Center For Holistic Medicine in Hypoluxo
- Weight Loss Doctors in Juno Beach
- Physicians Weight Loss Center in Jupiter
- Diet Doctor in Lake Clarke Shores
- Hormone Replacement Therapy in Lake Park
- Hormone Pellet Therapy in Lake Worth
- Center For Holistic Medicine in Lantana
- Center For Holistic Medicine in Loxahatchee
- Hormone Replacement Therapy For Women in Magnolia Park
- Hormone Therapy For Men in Palm Beach Gardens
- Health And Wellness Center in Palm Beach Shores
- Weight Loss Center in Palm Springs
- Medical Weight Loss Clinic in Riviera Beach
- Weight Loss Doctors in Royal Palm Beach
- Doctors Weight Loss in South Bay
- Hormone Therapy in South Palm Beach
- Wellness Clinic in Tequesta
- Wellness Clinic in Wellington
- Hormone Replacement Therapy For Men in Westlake
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy in West Palm Beach
- Weight Loss Doctors in West Palm
- Hrt Therapy in Boca
- Hormone Replacement Therapy For Men in PBG
- Doctors Weight Loss in South Florida
- Center For Holistic Medicine in Treasure Coast