Are you one of the many people in Lake Worth who are burning the candle at both ends and maybe only getting 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night? Are you also one of those guys having problems with his sex drive and feeling out of sorts? Well, recent studies done in Lake Worth in the last 3 years show that these symptoms could all be due to the effect of sleep on testosterone – just how, though, may be a chicken and egg question!
While it’s true that lower testosterone levels can be the cause of a sluggish sex drive and irritability it seems to be a matter of research opinion whether low sleep levels cause low testosterone or low testosterone causes lack of sleep.
Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy - Secrets to Stopping Menopause Symptoms
Theoretically, menopause is not a disease. Therefore, there is no cure. Many women opt to forgo any treatment at all, and simply tolerate many of the symptoms associated with this normal transition. However, for those women whose symptoms are so severe as to interfere with their quality of life, there are many options at their disposal.
Remedies may be implemented by the woman herself for the conditions associated with menopause. For example,
Hot flashes: Several nonprescription treatments are available, and lifestyle choices can help.
- Many women feel that regular aerobic exercise can help reduce hot flashes
- Foods that may trigger hot flashes, such as spicy foods, caffeine, and alcohol, should be avoided.
Weight gain: Regular exercise is helpful in controlling weight.
Osteoporosis: Adequate calcium intake and weight-bearing exercise are important. Strength training (lifting weights or using exercise bands in resistance training) can strengthen bones.
Certain medications are beneficial in reducing many of the signs and symptoms of menopause.
Hormone Replacement Therapy
- estrogen or a combination of estrogen and progestin
- treats hot flashes
- reduce fracture risk by building bone mass
- improve cholesterol levels
- decrease vaginal dryness
- estrogen and progestin combination associated with increased risk of heart attack, stroke, and breast cancer
- estrogen alone associated with increased risk of endometrial cancer
- increased risk of gallstones and blood clots
- normally used for depression and anxiety
- effective in reducing hot flashes
- used to lower blood pressure
- effective in reducing hot flashes
- primarily used for treating seizures
- used to treat hot flashes
- short-term relief of hot flashes
- not recommended as first-line drug
- sometimes effective in treating hot flashes
- may cause weight gain and bone loss
- Aldenodrate (Fosamax)
- Raloxifene (Evista)
- Calcitonin (Calcimar or Miacalcin)
- herbal supplement
- German studies recommend limiting its use to six months or less
- not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration
- side effects include nausea, vomiting, dizziness, visual problems, slow heart beat, and excessive sweating
- soy is an example
- safety of soy in women with breast cancer not established
- dong quai
- red clover
- yam cream
- Chinese medicinal herbs
- evening primrose oil
Testosterone and Marijuana
Breast Cancer is the cancer that develops in the breast tissues mostly in the inner lining of milk ducts or in the lobules which supply milk to the ducts. Depending on the place of origination, they are known as ductal carcinoma, if originated in the milk ducts or lobular carcinoma when originated in the lobules. Breast cancers are also classified as hormone-positive or a hormone-negative cancer which is decided based on their sensitivity to hormones like progesterone and estrogen.
The options available for breast cancer treatment depend on the type of breast cancer and the staging results. Staging is the process in which the disease spread and its progressive extend is determined. Though it is the most common non-skin type of cancer in women and is considered one of the fatal types of cancer, there are many advanced breast cancer treatment options which can help cure this disease if detected early.
Breast Cancer Treatment Plan
Once the cancer has been diagnosed, the doctors evaluate the pathology report and form a plan that would suit the type of cancer and the stage to which the disease has progressed. Treatment modes aim at reducing the spread of the disease, destruction of the diseased cells and reduction of chances for re-occurrence in future. The doctors would choose a single or a set of treatment options based on the patient's medical conditions which they may evaluate periodically.
Types of Breast cancer treatment methods
The treatments available are in general classified as standard methods and clinical trial methods. Standard methods are those that are currently practised for the cure of breast cancer while clinical trials are those that are currently being tested for more efficient results. The standard methods of breast cancer treatment include surgery, hormone therapy, chemotherapy, radiation treatments and targeted therapy.
Surgical method of Breast Cancer Treatment
Surgery is one potential option for removing the cancerous cells from the body. The entire breast or a partial portion of the breast is removed depending on the level of spread and the stage to which the disease has progressed. Based on the level of operation that is required to remove the cancerous cells, the surgeries are differentiated into three types as below.
* Breast-conserving Surgery - This is an operation where only the portion of the breast that contains the cancer is removed and not the breast itself. If the surgery requires removal of just the tumor in the breast and a little amount of tissue, it is known as Lumpectomy or is known as Partial mastectomy if it includes removal of partial amount of the breast along with a considerable amount of normal tissues. These kinds of surgeries may also include removal of lymph nodes under the arm which are used for the purpose of biopsy. Such dissection done either along with the surgery or after it is known as lymph node dissection.
* Total Mastectomy - This kind of surgery targets on removing the whole breast which is infected with the cancerous cells. This also requires removal of lymph nodes for the purpose of biopsy.
* Modified radical Mastectomy - This is the surgery that removes extensive portions to get rid of the cancerous cells. The complete breast affected by cancer along with certain lymph nodes under the arm and the chest muscle lining is removed by this process of surgery. In certain cases, even part of the chest wall muscles that are affected are removed by this surgery.
* Radical Mastectomy - This surgery removes the complete breast, chest wall muscles and all the lymph nodes under the arm. This kind of surgery for breast cancer treatment is also known as Halsted radical mastectomy.
These surgeries can also be followed by other modes of breast cancer treatment methods like chemotherapy, hormone therapy or radiation therapy to kill any presence of cancer cells. Such kinds of treatment that helps in prevention of cancer re-occurrence is known as adjuvant therapy. Some patients can also consider the option of breast implants to rebuild the removed breast shape after a mastectomy.
This kind of treatment helps in killing the cancerous cells or prevents them from growing by means of internal administration of drugs. The way of drug administration can be either through the blood stream that spreads throughout the body which is known as systematic chemotherapy or is placed directly in the cerebrospinal fluid or any specific organ which is known as regional chemotherapy.
This kind of breast cancer treatment includes the introduction of substances that negate the effect of hormones which induce cancerous growth. Estrogen has been known to induce the growth of breast cancer in certain cases. One of the treatment methods includes prevention of ovaries from secreting the hormone estrogen and such a method is known as ovarian ablation. The hormonal therapy includes the usage of aromatase inhibitor which decreases the estrogen secretion in the body. Aromatase inhibitors are given for hormone-dependent breast cancer patients who are in postmenopausal stage while tamoxifen is used in cases of metastatic breast cancer. Aromatase inhibitors are also in general used as a means of adjuvant therapy after continued use of tamoxifen for two years or more.
High energy x-rays are in general used as an alternative for drugs to kill the cancer cells and prevent them from growing.
Another type of treatment that helps in destroying the cancer cells without any harm to the normal cells is called targeted therapy. The targeted therapies used in breast cancer treatment are in general of two types, Monoclonal antibodies and Tyrosine kinase inhibitors.
* Monoclonal Antibodies - These kinds of substances are antibodies that are made from a single type of immune system cell which has the potential to identify and destroy cancer cells. They are also sometimes used to carry toxins or drugs to the cancer cells to bring in effective destruction of the cells. Trastuzumab is a monoclonal antibody that is used in treating patients of breast cancer. This method can be clubbed along with chemotherapy as a means of adjuvant therapy.
* Tyrosine Kinase inhibitors - These drugs block signals that are needed for tumor growth and are in general used in combination with other anti-cancer drugs. Lapatjnib is one such inhibitor which helps block the HER2 protein inside the tumor cells and is used effectively for treatment of HER2- positive breast cancer patients.
Medifast Recipes - Ways to Shake Up Your Medifast Shakes
Testosterone replacement can offer great assistance to the male reproductive cycle, from boosting the sex drive to help treating erectile dysfunction, but one of the most common misconceptions about it is that it can boost sperm production. Introducing testosterone into the body by artificial means causes the body to stop producing its own, and there is a possibility that infertility can result, especially if the treatment is not done professionally. A lot of men are able to treat other testosterone-related problems with hormone replacement therapy and have great success, and only find out later that the process may have caused infertility. Being aware of the side effects and ensuring you understand what the long term consequences for your body are, is essential for you to have a positive testosterone replacement experience. What it really comes down to is why you need testosterone replacement therapy. Do you need it because your T levels are low and have a negative effective on your body's ability to produce sperm, or is it solely due to other reasons?
One of the biggest reasons that testosterone replacement is so popular with older men is that most of them have already had children, and they do not have plans to conceive again. In younger men who need help boosting their testosterone levels, they need to weigh up the benefits or relief from low testosterone side effects against the chances of them not being able to have a family.
One of the most obvious areas we see the effects of long term anabolic steroid use is in the bodybuilding world. Men who have been supplementing testosterone, and often in cases where they have been supplementing it without the right kind of medical assistance, for an extended period of time, experience fertility problems. The problems may only show up a few years later, or they may be immediate. In some cases, infertility may be temporary and stop when the person stops taking the supplements, and in other cases the effects may be permanent and irreversible.
When you start bringing testosterone into the body, you send a message to your body that it does not need to make its own, or it should be making substantially less of its own. Your body is hardwired to maintain homeostasis, or constant levels throughout each system and cell, and to conserve energy and supplementing with testosterone sends it the message that the body does not need as much. Artificial testosterone signals the pituitary gland to stop producing the hormones that stimulate the testicles to generate sperm. In some people, it can reduce sperm production substantially, while in others it can stop it completely. In some cases the testes actually shrink in size, because of their reduced functionality in the body.
In older men who experience hypogonadism as a natural response to ageing, this is not cause for concern, but in younger men whose conditions may be hereditary or caused by a trauma to the body, this is not always the best option. If you are thinking of having a family and need to have testosterone replacement, you should approach it in an informed manner and find out as much as possible about the treatment procedure and what it means for you.
Some men can take reverse hormones and other forms of treatment to encourage sperm production later on, but the process is not always successful for all men. Other men may decide to wait a little longer before having testosterone supplements and have their family first.
While testosterone therapy can improve your quality of life and relieve uncomfortable symptoms, it is a powerful process that will have effects on your body, which need to be discussed with your doctor. It can help your sex life in terms of boosting your libido and even helping with premature ejaculation, but if you want to conceive a child, you might need to investigate it further before making a decision.
Business Results 1 - 10 of 636
Business Results 1 - 10 of 6
Lake Worth, Florida
Lake Worth is a city in Palm Beach County, Florida, United States, which takes its name from the body of water along its eastern border known as the Lake Worth Lagoon. The lake itself was named for General William J. Worth, who led U.S. forces during the last part of the Second Seminole War. As of 2010[update], the population estimated by the U.S. Census Bureau was 34,910. It is a principal city of the Miami metropolitan area, which was home to an estimated 6,012,331 people in 2015.
Indigenous people known as the Jaega were the earliest reported inhabitants of the section of the Florida Atlantic coast in the areas of Martin and Palm Beach Counties. Remains of shell mounds can be found near the Jupiter inlet, inland in what is now Boynton Beach and just south of the Boynton Inlet, indicating pre-Columbian Jaega habitation.
The city's first settlers were Samuel and Fannie James, an African American couple and reported to be ex-slaves, known as the Black Diamonds, who settled on the shores of the Lake Worth Lagoon near the current 5th Avenue South in 1885. (The stone monument located at the northwest corner of Lucerne Avenue and J Street inaccurately uses the date 1883, due to a transcription error). The couple made a claim for their land under the Homestead Act in 1885 and received a receipt for their claim on February 1, 1887. Their holdings, originally 187 acres (76 ha), increased over time and came to include and additional 160 acres (65 ha) south of Lake Aveune between M and F Streets, 160 acres (65 ha) in College Park where Fannie ran a pineapple farm, and 160 acres (65 ha) to the south including the traditional Osborne Colored Addition. were subsequently sold to the Palm Beach Farms Co. in 1910.